As human beings, we all have needs, needs such as care, affection, respect and especially love. We all want to be loved and most people spend a great amount of time waiting to be loved. Yet they wonder why it almost never comes their way. If it did, often times it leads to heartbreak. Waiting to receive love from others is not how the world works. To be able to receive love one must become lovable at first. And to become lovable one must know how to love themselves. This article will show you seven ways to love yourself.
1. Don’t compare yourself to others. Comparing ourselves to others sometimes cannot be avoided. When we see someone who is more blessed we tend to wish that we could have the same things. This is good but only if you’re seeking motivation so you can become better. But for some it leads to self-loathing or self-pity. If it leads to that then it would be really hard to love yourself. Only when you stop comparing yourself to others is the only way you can start loving yourself.
2. Stop seeking approval. We all seek approval from others especially from our family, friends and partner. It helps us decide on important matters and it is a good source of support. The only problem with constantly seeking for approval is that your decisions will always depend on others. That’s not going to get you a lot of self-respect and you will end up miserable. When you need to decide on something such as a career change or something else that will change your life it is wise to seek advice from others but let go of the process of seeking approval. Just do it and be happy.
3. Believe that you can do it. It’s really hard to love yourself if you don’t believe that you can make things possible. Stop doubting yourself and gather the courage and confidence that you need if you want to achieve something. If you believe in yourself then you can do things that you thought was impossible. Life will become easier and well lived. In turn you will respect and love yourself.
4. Connect with yourself. Take some time to connect with your inner self. Find some alone time to reflect, feel what’s in your heart and explore the contents of your mind. Meditation is one of the best ways. This will help you identify your weaknesses and the things that are preventing you to love yourself so you can change it. It will also help you find your strengths and realize the things that are admirable and loveable about you. Once you’ve found these things, keep it and nourish it.
5. Take care of yourself. Loving yourself means taking care of your body and wellbeing. Always make sure that you’re in top shape by exercising every day and eating healthy. Get rid of the things that can destroy you such as vices and unhealthy habits. Nourish your mind, body, and spirit. If you feel good about yourself, you will love yourself.
6. Do good unto others. As a person made in the image and likeness of God, we are capable of doing great and good things. And that is what we should be doing. When you do something good to others how does it feel? It feels good right? You feel great. Knowing that you have goodness in you that show through your actions will grant you self-worth. If you have self-worth then you are one step closer to loving yourself.
7. Express your love. When we love someone, we do our best to express it through means of thoughtfulness, gifts, and care. If you want to love yourself then do the same. Express to yourself that you love yourself. Look at the mirror and tell yourself that you are loved. Write down a list of things that you love about yourself. Post positive statements such as “I am beautiful,” “I am smart,” or “I’m lovable,” on some places that you see every day. Pamper yourself or buy yourself gifts. Constantly remind yourself that you are loved.
Love is a wonderful thing and sharing love is even greater. But the truth is it’s hard to share something that you do not have. In order to love others, you must love yourself first in abundance. When you are already overflowing with love then that’s the time that you can share and exchange love with another.
“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Do you love yourself? What do you do to love yourself? Share your thoughts by writing it below.
For more info, visit http://ezhealthmanagement.com/blog
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Daniel_A_Harper