Getting comfortable in a relationship is a part of natural progression. Don’t feel bad if you aren’t worried about whether or not your partner watches you sleep or if you should leave the bathroom door open. It’s normal that some things should and will become normal that once freaked you out a little bit.
But there is one thing that you should never let slide in a relationship. That one thing is showing through little act that you still care about your other half. They seem insignificant, but it’s always the little things that make all the difference.
Here small list of ten ways to show you care:
- When you hug her, use both arms and really pull them in. Bonus points if you smell her hair/shirt.
- When you’re on the phone with him, tell him you look forward to seeing him again. You have to mean it though.
- Watching TV together? Cuddle at the same time.
- Everyone needs skin-to-skin contact, so put your hands on her waist just underneath her shirt when you hold her close. Try to avoid doing this when your hands are freezing though, or you may get a slap or a scream.
- Look into his eyes and smile. He’ll know how important he is just by looking into your eyes.
- If you’re visiting her at her house and she leaves to go run an errand, do some of her chores. Laundry, dishes, tidying, it will show that you care about her and the time she spends. With laundry though, be careful not to wash any delicates, women are picky about those!
- Go for a walk outside with him.
- Learn how to play her favourite card game, or board game. Then play it with her!
- Send him a text message while he’s at work to let him know you’re thinking about him
- Make her dinner. Either the meal you make the best, or her favourite meal. Put in the effort and make as best you can.
These are but a few simple ways to show your significant other that you care. Actions always speak louder than words, so make every action speak the message that you want to share with your other half.
Random acts of kindness work for everyone in your life as well, so going out of your way every now and then just to do something nice for a friend, acquaintance, or stranger will make a bigger impact than you could ever imagine.
For more thoughts and posts on the above subject, see Simply Green
Share your thoughts, opinions and ideas here!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Laura_Kaeding